Education Leadership Symposium 2015:
conference program (including Parallel Program) is online featuring 160 speakers
For the German version see:
Please feel free to forward this email to colleagues of your professional networks who might be interested in knowing about the symposium. /
Bitte leiten Sie gern diese E-Mail an Interessierte Ihres Netzwerks weiter.
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-date news: @HuberEduLead.
(For Newcomers to Twitter, here some information:
increase knowledge – exchange with experts – maintain relationships – establish contacts – pursue own ideas
Dear colleagues and friends
The complete conference program (including parallel program) of the Education Leadership Symposium in Zug (September 2-4 2015) is online. Over 160 speakers will be taking part. You will find all the updates on our website.
Registration for the Symposium is possible until Tuesday June 30 2015. So far, 400 participants have registered. We offer a discount for participants who arrive from outside Switzerland. There are only limited places available.
If you want to bring a group of participants, get in touch with us about special rates and a school-visit program, as others already have done.
A flyer of the Symposium is available at:
Please feel free to forward this email to those that might be interested.
Wednesday, September 2, and Friday, September 2
Theme of the plenary program: Excellence, Equality and Equity: Improving the Quality of Education for All
The keynote lectures delve into the question of how we can do justice to all students and their varying backgrounds, abilities, needs and wishes.
The full plenary program is available at:
Thursday, September 3
Within the parallel program there is the opportunity to immerse yourself in one of the 5 English- and 10 German-speaking thematic strands over four 90-minute sessions (workshops and presentations) or to switch between different thematic strands. The parallel program offers around 100 presentations, workshops and discussions.
The English-speaking parallel program is available at:
The German-speaking parallel program is available at:
Registration for the conference is possible until June 30 at:
Please note that we offer a discount for participants from outside Switzerland as a support for travel costs.
Conference Dinner: Tour de Zoug
Pre-Conference: International Seminar
Post-Conference: Methods Workshops
Please note that special rates can only be offered for a limited time.
Zug and its Surrounding
Video-Trailer of the Symposium
Feedback of Participants
Stephan Huber and the IBB-Team
Prof. Dr. Stephan Gerhard Huber, M.Phil. (Cantab)
Head of the Institute for the Management and Economics of Education (IBB)
University of Teacher Education Zug
Mail: Zugerbergstrasse 3 / CH-6300 Zug
Coopted Member of the Erfurt School of Education (ESE) University of Erfurt
Senior Research Fellow Hong Kong Institute of Education
Honorary Research Fellow Faculty of Humanities School of Education University of Manchester
Adjunct Professor Institute for Education Research Griffith University Brisbane
Links to News:
Links to New Publications:
- School Leadership – International Perspectives, in Englisch
- Yearbook School Leadership, in German (Jahrbuch Schulleitung)
- Networked Education Systems, in German (Kooperative Bildungslandschaften)
- Quality and Development of Schools: Basic Knowledge School Management, in German (Qualität und Entwicklung von Schule)
- School Administration Special Issue 1/2015: Evaluation, in German (SchulVerwaltung spezial 1/2015 Evaluation)
- Huber, S.G. (2013). Multiple Learning Approaches in the Professional Development of School Leaders – Theoretical Perspectives and Empirical Findings on Self-assessment and Feedback. Educational Management Administration & Leadership, 41(4), 527-540.
- Hallinger, P. & Huber, S.G. (2012). School leadership that makes a difference: international perspectives. School Effectiveness and School Improvement, (23)4, 1-9.
- Huber, S.G. (2011). School Governance in Switzerland: Tensions between New Roles and old Traditions.Educational Management Administration Leadership, 39(4), 469-485.
- Huber, S.G. (2011). The impact of professional development: a theoretical model for empirical research, evaluation, planning and conducting training and development programmes. Professional Development in Education, 37(5), 837-853.
- Huber, S.G. & Hiltmann, M. (2011). Competence Profile School Management (CPSM) – an inventory for the self-assessment of school leadership. Educational Assessment, Evaluation and Accountability, 23(1), 65-88.
- Huber, S.G. (2011). Research on Principals in the German Speaking Countries. In O. Johansson (Ed./Hrsg.), Rektor – En Forskningsöversikt 2000-2010 (S. 230-254). Stockholm: Vetenskapsrådet.
- Huber, S.G. (2010), New Approaches in Preparing School Leaders. ln P. Peterson, E. Baker & B. McGaw (Ed./Hrsg.), International Encyclopedia of Education 4, (S.752-761). Oxford: Elsevier.